The term Doccubus is also used by Lost Girl Series itself, fans of the couple, and entertainment media to describe the romantic relationship between Bo and Lauren.
Bo and Lauren first met in It's a Fae, Fae, Fae, Fae World, when Bo was brought before The Ash and he told Lauren (Dr. Lewis) to take Bo to the lab and examine her to ascertain her species. Lauren explained to Bo who the Fae were and based on Bo's feeding signature determined that she was a Succubus, and offered to help Bo learn how to control her hunger and feed so that she could live a normal life without killing. Bo seduced Lauren with her succubus touch in a failed attempt to escape from the Fae.
Their mutual attraction grew and they made love for the first time in Vexed. However, when Bo asked her directly, Lauren admitted that The Ash had ordered her to distract Bo from discovering the identity of a dangerous Dark Fae and going after him. It drove a wedge between them, but with the passage of time and unavoidable collaboration in Fae matters, the romance and passion that had been held back overcame the strain in their relationship.
In Caged Fae, Bo asked Lauren to be with her in a committed relationship. Although her succubus feeding needs eventually made it difficult for her to continue to be sexually exclusive, it was the first time Bo had willingly tried to be in a monogamous relationship.
Through events that transpired, Lauren became increasingly discouraged, driving her to examine the relationship they had together. In Delinquents, Lauren told Bo that she thought she would always be asking from her more than she could give in return, and revealed her unhappiness. After years with the Fae, what had happened to Nadia, and the battle against The Garuda, she felt that she was losing herself, and thought they needed a break. Apprehensive and heartbroken, Bo agreed to give Lauren some space. In Those Who Wander, Lauren feigned having no emotional feelings for Bo to protect her from a psychotic scientist bent on destroying Fae, thereafter sabotaging his plans and going into hiding to save herself from The Una Mens.
They saw each other again in Let the Dark Times Roll and continued to cooperate as menacing forces brought Bo and the Fae world closer to imminent danger. Their relationship was mended in Dark Horse when Bo stopped a vengeful lunatic from harming Lauren, Lauren seized the magical artifact that protected him, and Bo was able to kill him. Bo, who then had to go and confront her father, started to leave, stopped, turned back, and kissed Lauren passionately before departing. Lauren had told Bo, "I'm yours."
In Here Comes the Night, Bo and Lauren made love again for the first time since their separation. Although Lauren did not presume that it had been more than a sudden opportunity, Bo realized that what she truly wanted was to be with Lauren. In End of Faes, Bo asked for them to be together again and Lauren accepted.
In a 2018 interview with The TV Junkies, Anna Silk said: "Bo and Lauren were meant to be together, period."
- LAUREN: My God, you're beautiful. I meant that professionally.
BO: It's cool. I, uh, I kind of have that effect on people. – (It's a Fae, Fae, Fae, Fae World)
- BO: I can offer you things. ....[ using succubus touch ].... If we get out of here.
LAUREN: I know what you're doing.
BO: You want me to stop?
LAUREN: No. – (It's a Fae, Fae, Fae, Fae World)
- BO: What about keeping this professional?
LAUREN: Well, call it "scientific curiosity."
BO: Okay. Well, you are definitely curious. I'm not so sure it's entirely scientific.
LAUREN: We need another drink.
BO: [ laughs ] Yeah, we do. – (Food for Thought)
- BO: What are you doing? ....[ Bo stops Lauren ]....
LAUREN: I don't know yet. Just let me.
....[ they kiss passionately / Bo stops ]....
LAUREN: What? What's wrong?
BO: I don't want to hurt you.
LAUREN: I trust you. – (Vexed)
- LAUREN: I heard you needed me. I came. – to Bo (Something Wicked This Fae Comes)
- LAUREN: We have no guarantees of how any of this is going to turn out.
BO: Hey, I will not let anything happen to you.
LAUREN: I know that you'll try. But tomorrow I'll be gone. Maybe forever. I need to know that this isn't about you getting over Dyson.
BO: No. This is about us. – (It's Better to Burn Out Than Fae Away)
- BO: Whatever you decide, whatever happens, we are in this together. – to Lauren (Lachlan's Gambit)
- LAUREN: You remember what happened when The Lich tried to force you to feed off of me? …. It scared the hell out of me.
BO: Me, too. The worst part is, I don't know how I did it. Or what triggered my rage.
LAUREN: Well, I have a hypothesis. I think it's because of what we feel for each other. – (about Dark Bo emerging) (Into the Dark)
- BO: You take my breath away.
BO: Completely. – (Into the Dark)
- BO: You were right. About everything.
....[ Bo kisses Lauren ]....
BO: It's time.
LAUREN: It's time?
BO: Us....I want to give this a real shot. Be together. Life is too short. – (Caged Fae)
- BO: The geek-speak is working, doctor. – to Lauren (SubterrFaenean)
- LAUREN: I love you.
BO: I love you, too. – (Fae-de To Black)
- BO: Lauren? What is happening to me?
LAUREN: Everything's okay, just come back. I love you....I loved you from the second we met. We were alone and and and my stethoscope was probably cold, but... we touched. Honey, do you remember? You remember that first time? Just look at me.
BO: What have I done? – (Faes Wide Shut)
- BO: Whoever you are, I know you. And I love you. – to Lauren (Those Who Wander)
- BO: Lauren, I don't want to hurt anyone.
LAUREN: You won't. I won't let you....I'm not going to let anything happen to you, Bo, you know that. – (Like Hell Pt.1)
- BO: You know how to seize an opportunity.
LAUREN: Well, for some of us life is shorter.
BO: Then let's make it count. – (Here Comes the Night)
- BO: Lauren wait. About what happened between us during the blackout.
LAUREN: Let me save you the trouble. We slept together. It's a one time thing. I get it. I'm okay with it.
BO: Okay. But here's the thing..I'm not. I mean I was..but it's..it's just..there's always going to be a reason for us not to be together. And I don't want to put this off any longer.
LAUREN: Oh boy.
BO: 'Oh boy' yes? Or 'oh boy' no?
....[ later ]....
LAUREN: Bo, wait!
LAUREN: 'Oh boy' yes. – (End of Faes)
Editing of Bo and Lauren scenes for Syfy (U.S.) episodes
In Season 2, the decision to cut an emotive scene between Bo and Lauren from Scream a Little Dream created controversy among LGBT fans of the show, resulting in the network being accused of insensitivity and censorship. Lost Girl producers responded to the backlash by issuing a public statement on the show's Facebook page explaining that the edits were done in-house, and not by Syfy, for "timing and not content."
After this experience, beginning with Season 3, the traditional Showcase opening title sequence accompanied by the Lost Girl Theme song was replaced with opening credits superimposed over footage of the first scene on episodes for Syfy (U.S.) – thus sparing :30 seconds that would have otherwise been cut from the episodes seen in the United States.
In Season 4, the deletion of 13 sentences of dialogue (:50 seconds) between Bo and Lauren from Dark Horse, the season finale episode, resulted in protests by many fans because a pivotal moment between the two same-sex lovers was eliminated: Lauren told Bo that she belonged to her ( "I'm yours." ).
How this scene was edited  led to the creation of a petition on Change.org asking Syfy (U.S.) to consider how the deletion of decisive dialogue between Bo and Lauren created a different perception among American audiences of Lauren's motivations towards Bo and of their romantic relationship.
§ 2.03 Scream a Little Dream Bo and Lauren scene cut for Syfy (U.S.)
[ music ]
BO [ points knife at Lachlan (The Ash) ]
Lauren is no one's property.
LAUREN [ places hand on Bo's shoulder ]
Bo, don't. [ slides hand gently down Bo's bicep ]
- (( → BEGIN CUT ))
- You'll just make it worse.
- No. I'm going to make it right.
- Look at me, please.
- (( END CUT ← :07 seconds deleted from scene for Syfy (U.S.) episode ))
LAUREN [ hand is on Bo's bicep ]
I need you to stay out of this.
[ music ]
§ 4.13 Dark Horse Bo and Lauren dialogue cut for Syfy (U.S.)
[ music ]
You wore it. [ necklace gift that Bo found in Lauren's apartment ]
I love it.
- (( → BEGIN CUT ))
- And Rainer?
- You were wrong about him.
- At least I was right about you. Always have been, since the first moment we met.
- And I've always known you were extraordinary. But now, a human doctor who can turn the Fae mortal? They're going to be coming for you.
- Yeah? Let 'em try.
- You really are Dark.
- No, Bo. I'm yours.
- We have to go. My father, portal to Hel, Tamsin and Dyson, and Kenzi ... oh god, Kenzi.
- (( END CUT ← :50 seconds deleted from scene for Syfy (U.S.) episode ))
I'm going to stay. Evony's stable and, you know, just Hippocratic Oath and all that.
Shit, you're serious.
You saw her, all vulnerable and human. And you know, I kind of did this to her. So ....
Craziest thing of all? I actually get it.
Get out of here, succubus. Destiny's calling.
[ music ]
Freedom To Love Necklace
Designed by Prodigy Pictures, the pendant of the sterling silver "Freedom To Love Necklace" was based on the Labrys,  a double-headed axe symbol originally associated with the goddess worship of the Minoan civilization and adopted in the 1970s by the lesbian-feminist movement as a symbol representing feminist/warrior, and by the women's spirituality movement.
The first 250 orders were accompanied with an autographed photo from Anna Silk and Zoie Palmer and all revenue from sales of the necklace was donated to the non-profit "Because I Am a Girl" campaign by Plan Canada. The total donation was just over $25,000. 
[ if a web page is no longer accessible try a search of the URL on Wayback Machine for a possible archive ]
Lost Girl's Zoie Palmer talks Doccubus and final episodes
September 3, 2015. The TV Junkies
Top 10 Fae-vorite Lost Girl-on-Girl Sex Scenes
June 2, 2015. SheWired
Exclusive: An interview with Anna Silk about the end of "Lost Girl," Doccubus and more
April 14, 2015. AfterEllen
The AfterEllen.com's 2015 March Madness Winner Is...
April 10, 2015. AfterEllen
- Best TV Couple: Bo and Lauren (Doccubus)
2014 AfterEllen Visibility Awards
January 5, 2015. AfterEllen
- Favorite TV Drama – Readers' Choice: Lost Girl
- Hottest Hook Up in Film/TV – Editors' Pick: Bo and Lauren, Lost Girl
Bo & Lauren Lost Girl: Genre TV Canon Same Sex Ship 2014 Tournament Champions
September 22, 2014. GenreTVforAll
August 26, 2014. Dorothy Surrenders
LOST GIRL 4.13 – What SYFY Did To Lauren & Bo’s Last Scene
April 22, 2014. PIXEL 51
- Lost Girl Season Four - Showcase Version - Lauren and Bo's Last Scene (AUDIO FILE)
- SyFy version - Lauren & Bo's Last Scene - Lost Girl - Season Four (AUDIO FILE)
Petition to SyFy asking them to be considerate in editing
April 18, 2014. Unaligned
Is Syfy Purposely Cutting The Lesbians Off Of Lost Girl?
April 14, 2014. For Your Entertainment (4YE)
Ask Syfy to be more considerate of the effect on story and characters of its editing for broadcast length to each episode of Lost Girl Season 5
April 12, 2014. Change.org
SYFY TRIMMING THE GAY FROM THE SUPER GAY LOST GIRL
April 11, 2014. FemPop
No, Bo. I’m yours.
April 8, 2014. Unaligned
The ABCs of Doccubus, TV's Steamy Succubus Romance
March 25, 2014. Zimbio
Best Of TV Awards 2013
January 26, 2014. Canadagraphs
- Best Couple: Dr. Lauren Lewis & Bo "Lost Girl"
The 2013 AfterEllen Visibility Awards Winners
January 3, 2014. AfterEllen
- Favorite Fictional Lesbian Couple: Bo and Lauren, Lost Girl
- Hottest Hookup in Film/TV: Lauren and Bo, Lost Girl
The top 10 lesbian sex scenes on TV in 2013
December 13, 2013. AfterEllen
- Number 1: Bo and Lauren, Lost Girl
Our Fantasy Girls | Lost Girl stars Anna Silk and Zoie Palmer weave a Sapphic spell
December 12, 2013. Curve Magazine
- Print edition cover title: Fantasy Girls | Inside TV's Sexiest Queerest Series Lost Girl
- Print edition publication date: April 2013
- Print cover URL: http://www.curvemag-digital.com/curvemagazine/201304/?lm=1363073914000&coverPage=1&articleId=267967#pg1
Stinson: The not-so-bizarre love triangle in Lost Girl
November 7, 2013. National Post
'Lost Girl' Season 4: The Love Triangle Endures (VIDEO)
October 31, 2013. HuffPost TV Canada (The Huffington Post)
Our Favorite Love Birds on TV
September 30, 2013. SheKnows
- Number 7: Bo and Lauren
- Wildly popular in Canada, Lost Girl has gained a cult following in the U.S. as well. Bo's (Anna Silk) relationship with Lauren (Zoie Palmer) has also gained a lot of attention. We're happy the writers decided to put these two together — making many fans of the show happy as well.
2013 Golden Remote Awards – Best Couple
July 8, 2013. E! Online (E! Entertainment Television)
- Bo and Lauren, Lost Girl
From 'New Girl' to 'I Love Lucy:' our favorite TV couples
February 14, 2013. CNN (Cable News Network)
- Number 9: Lost Girl
- This Canadian cult series about a succubus has gained a following in the United States as well, and Bo's (Anna Silk) relationship with Lauren (Zoie Palmer, as one of Bo's two lovers on the show) has been the subject of much discussion by "Lost Girl" fans online.
2013 TV's Top Couples: Thousands Voted! And the Winner Is...
February 14, 2013. E! Online (E! Entertainment Television)
- Bo and Lauren
2012 Visibility Awards
January 3, 2013. AfterEllen
- Favorite Fictional Lesbian Couple: Bo and Lauren (Lost Girl)
- Hottest Hookup in Film/TV: Bo and Lauren (Lost Girl)
After "Lost Girl" fans complain, Syfy explains Doccubus scene cuts
May 4, 2012. AfterEllen
Best Of TV Awards 2011
February 3, 2012. Canadagraphs
- Best Couple: Bo and Dr. Lauren Lewis - Lost Girl
"Lost Girl" showcases the Lauren and Bo relationship for Season 2
August 26, 2011. AfterEllen
- ↑ "Lost Girl's Anna Silk is Eager to Reunite with Cast Mates and Meet Fans at ClexaCon 2018" - The TV Junkies. March 12, 2018. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "Hey Fae-natics! People have been asking about the US cuts of #LostGirl, most recently episode 203, and we just wanted to clear up any confusion." - LostGirlSeries. Facebook. May 3, 2012. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "After “Lost Girl” fans complain, Syfy explains Doccubus scene cuts" - AfterEllen. May 4, 2012. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "No, Bo. I’m yours." - Unaligned. April 8, 2014. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "SYFY TRIMMING THE GAY FROM THE SUPER GAY LOST GIRL" - FemPop. April 11, 2014. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "Is Syfy Purposely Cutting The Lesbians Off Of Lost Girl?" - For Your Entertainment (4YE). April 14, 2014. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "Ask Syfy to be more considerate of the effect on story and characters of its editing for broadcast length to each episode of Lost Girl Season 5" - Change.org. April 12, 2014. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "LOST GIRL 4.13 – What SYFY Did To Lauren & Bo’s Last Scene" - PIXEL 51. April 22, 2014. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "Freedom to Love Necklaces are now available for pre-order" - LostGirlSeries. Facebook. April 11, 2014. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "The necklace...is based on the labrys charm." - Emily Andras. Twitter. February 20, 2014. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "Symbols of the Minoan Goddess Religion" - Labyrinthos Potnia. 2012. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "Mary Daly" - Wikiquote. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "LABRYS Tool of Lesbian Feminism" - Finding Lesbians. August 9, 2013. Retrieved on .
- ↑ Because I am a Girl
- ↑ "This Giving Tuesday, we are so proud to announce that we have donated the proceeds of the Freedom to Love necklace to Because I am a Girl Canada." - LostGirlSeries. Facebook. December 2, 2014. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "How the star of Lost Girl, actress Anna Silk, is creating a brighter future for girls!" - Because I am a Girl (Plan Canada). February 25, 2015. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "A heartfelt thank you to the fans who bought the Doccubus necklace" - LostGirlSeries. Twitter. December 2, 2014. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "Thank you so much to the fans who bought the Doccubus necklace." - Anna Silk. Twitter. December 2, 2014. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "To the fans who bought the Doccubus necklace, you are the real heroes of #GivingTuesday." - Zoie Palmer. Twitter. December 2, 2014. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "From 'New Girl' to 'I Love Lucy:' our favorite TV couples" - Cable News Network. February 14, 2013. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "2013 TV's Top Couples: Thousands Voted! And the Winner Is…" - E! Entertainment Television. February 14, 2013. Retrieved on .