Lost Girl adapts characters, creatures, objects, deities, realms, and symbols found in the mythology, folklore, and legends of civilizations. They are reimagined and refashioned for the supernatural beings and subjects that appear in episodes.
The Fae are often named or described with customary mythological or folkloric terms, but they are very different from traditional interpretation – for instance, sirens in mythology are always female, but not in the Lost Girl universe, where Hale is a siren.
Mythology and Folklore
The supernatural characters and subjects are often drawn from the mythologies, folklore, and legends of civilizations and specific cultures. Many have cognates across multiple cultures, but are primarily associated with one.
- Such as:
Celtic European / Irish – Scottish – Welsh
Hindu and Buddhist
Middle Eastern and Mesopotamian
- Hugin and Munin
- Land Wight
- Pied Piper
Central and South American
- [ Return to Mythology and Folklore category page ]
- ↑ European nations:
- Northern Europe: Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Northern Ireland (UK), Norway, Scotland (UK), Sweden, United Kingdom, Wales (UK).
- Southern Europe: Albania, Andorra, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Gibraltar (UK), Greece, Italy, Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Portugal, San Marino, Serbia, Spain, Turkey.
- Eastern Europe: Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Ukraine.
- Western Europe: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Switzerland.
- ↑ Note for Editors:
| This page is a Main Page link.|
DO NOT make any edits to the introductory paragraphs.
This list is only for the mythological and folklore subjects seen or mentioned
in episodes of Lost Girl.
| Page is stub-tagged because it needs to be periodically updated with new Fae species, deities, realms, and symbols based on mythology and folklore seen or mentioned in each season.|
Links that appear in RED are subjects that need a page created for them.